Fred Kaynor is the Managing Director of Relationship Management, Marketing & Partnerships at Schwab Charitable. Schwab Charitable is an independent 501(c)(3) with a mission to increase charitable giving in the U.S. by providing a tax-smart and simple giving solution to donors and their investment advisors.
In this episode, Fred walks us through how you can maximize your philanthropic impact, all guided by financial advisors, to empower your charitable planning decisions especially as we near year-end.
They also discussed:
- Year-end charitable giving, featuring Fred Kaynor from Schwab Charitable.
- The simplicity and efficiency of donor-advised funds for charitable giving, emphasizing their flexibility and tax benefits.
- Financial advisors crucial role in helping clients incorporate charitable planning into their overall financial strategy.
- The impact of market conditions on charitable giving and highlights the resilience of donor-advised fund solutions.
- Year-end considerations for tax strategies include encouraging early giving, utilizing non-cash assets, and prioritizing donations based on taxable events.
- The resources Schwab Charitable offers, such as the Giving Guide and online tools, to help donors and advisors maximize the impact of their philanthropy.
Resources: Schwab Charitable
A donor’s ability to claim itemized deductions is subject to a variety of limitations depending on the donor’s specific tax situation. Consult your tax advisor for more information.
Schwab Charitable FundTM is recognized as a tax-exempt public charity as described in Sections 501(c)(3), 509(a)(1), and 170(b)(1)(A)(vi) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions made to Schwab Charitable Fund are considered an irrevocable gift and are not refundable. Please be aware that Schwab CharitableTM has exclusive legal control over the assets you have contributed. Although every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is correct, Schwab Charitable cannot guarantee its accuracy. This information is not provided to the IRS.
Schwab Charitable is the name used for the combined programs and services of Schwab Charitable Fund™, an independent nonprofit organization.
©2023 Schwab Charitable Fund. All rights reserved. (1123-3E4E)