AJ Boury is the Head of Marketing at TIFIN, and a fractional CMO within TIFIN's Wealthteach division, a financial service creating engaging wealth experiences to improve financial lives through AI and investment intelligence driven personalization for the advisor and self-directed investor, recognizing the uniqueness of each investor.
In this episode, AJ joined Doug to talk about what it means to be a CMO in the modern world of integration and startups. They also discussed:
- How AJ set his sights on being a CMO and gained his valuable skillset
- What the marketing departments were like at his previous companies
- The transition from working at large businesses to joining a startup
- How to manage the pie of the digital world, competition, and growth after COVID
- How to effectively mesh sales and marketing
- And the lightning round: Does marketing need to be expensive? What makes marketing powerful? Where can we find great marketing outside of his industry? What makes his marketing unique? Is “The CMO Series – Drivers of Revenue” an appropriate title?