Non-retirement investments are “non-qualified,” meaning that you’re investing with after-tax dollars and are not subject to any special tax treatment.
In this episode, The Retirement Solution’s Tyler Lively navigates the path of investing with non-retirement funds. All this while highlighting the role of retirement, taxes, ETFs, and mutual funds within the investment arena.
- From life insurance to college planning: Why follow the general investment hierarchy to invest non-retirement fund money
- Benefits of utilizing after-tax money for investment purposes
- The role of capital gains tax when it comes to after-tax assets – and a breakdown of capital gain rates in 2021
- The idea of “capital loss bank” to offset capital gains
- Utilizing mutual funds in after-tax investments
- The importance of saving during retirement
- And more!