Donal Mastrangelo is the Head of Distribution at LEX markets. LEX is a new way to invest in real estate, turning individual buildings into public stocks. This offers a new way for investors to access the benefits of fully underwritten commercial real estate.
Live from our fall Advisorpedia Podcast Pop-Up in New York City, Doug and Donal discuss the business of real estate investing and how LEX Markets contributes to the industry.
They also discussed:
- Commercial real estate’s historical access problem and its role in, or lack thereof, client portfolios
- Where the idea for LEX came from and how it evolved
- The due diligence and structuring of the business
- How to align client interests with those of the sponsor
- The registration process with the SEC
- If advisors can get tax benefits by leveraging amortization or depreciation to minimize their client’s tax burdens
Resources: LEX Markets
Potential investors are encouraged to consult with professional tax, legal, and financial advisors before making any investment into a securities offering. This investment may not be suitable for all investors. Distributions and liquidity not guaranteed. Property performance and performance of property tenants not guaranteed. Diversification does not eliminate the risk of experiencing investment loss.