Rick Bookstaber is the Co-Founder and Head of Risk at Fabric, a company that provides a platform for risk-aware portfolio design customized for each client’s goals, using factor-based risk management tools powered by MSCI’s factor model. Rick is also the author of a highly acclaimed book, The End of Theory: Financial Crises, the Failure of Economics, and the Sweep of Human Interaction.
Live from our fall Advisorpedia Podcast Pop-Up in New York City, Doug and Rick discuss the world of Risk and Fabric’s fresh approach to its measurement and management.
They also discussed:
- The story of Fabric and its evolution
- Risk-aware portfolio designs and the type of risk fabric measures
- How Fabric is utilizing factors from a risk perspective
- The technology that is around Fabric’s risk management system
- The actionable insights risk is getting clients and how clients would traditionally manage risk
- Risk management within crypto and public assets
- The topic of pension funds in the UK and if it’s transferable to the risk we would have in the US
Related: Retirement Is Only the Starting Line with Steve Gresham