Between 50 and 72, there are significant birthdays that can impact your retirement finances.
These age-based milestones can help you grow your retirement nest egg, avoid financial penalties, withdraw your retirement funds early, and more!
In this episode, Jim Kruzan, CFP®, CRPC®, highlights seven legislative birthdays that every retiree or soon-to-be retiree should circle on their calendars. By the episode’s end, you’ll realize why planning your retirement cash flows is crucial before these milestones creep up on you!
- Benefits of turning 50, including catch-up contributions and early retirement for qualified public safety workers.
- How to make penalty-free withdrawals at 55 and 59.5 (from eligible plans)
- The difference between taking Social Security at 62, 70, and anywhere in between
- Medicare’s 7-month enrollment window to avoid penalties
- The impact of Secure Act 2.0 on the required minimum distribution age
- And more
Related: The Ultimate Guide to Medicare