If you’re not #innovating, you’re in decline. Yes, there’s this week, this month, this quarter to pay attention to. Sure, you’re responsible for selling known products and services. But if you don’t invest in the uncertainty of the #future, you’re in decline. Right now. Because, guess what, your competition is investing in the future, and they are trying to beat you to it.
But you don’t always have to discover it all on your own. Sometimes a good #partnership shortens the roadmap and makes 1 + 1 = 3.
For example…. 
- Apple partners with Affirm to offer buy-now-pay-later options for Apple's physical and online shops in Canada
- NBCUniversal's Fandango merges streaming service FandangoNOW with Vudu after agreeing to acquire the latter from Walmart in April
- Newsletter platform Substack acquires Letter, a public conversation platform focused on civilized debate
- Twitter partners with Associated Press and Reuters to mitigate misinformation and emphasize reliable news sources on the social network
- Social media management and marketing company Hootsuite acquires Heyday, which offers a conversational AI platform for retailers
- Phone software company ZEDGE acquires emoji encyclopedia firm Emojipedia; terms undisclosed
- PE firm Apax Partners announces plans to merge three software providers serving nonprofits; Apax said it would acquire EveryAction from Insight Partners and Social Solutions from Vista, and merge them with CyberGrants
- Network security firm Sophos acquires DevOps automation platform Refactr; terms undisclosed, but all of Refactr's developers and engineers will join Sophos
- Automated reporting firm Workiva ($6.45B market cap) acquires data integration company OneCloud;
- XpertHR, which provides HR analytics to improve efficiency and worker engagement, acquires UK-based Gapsquare (gleaned from the great news source LaunchTicker)