Wall Street and Main Street intersect in so many ways -- from the financial markets impacting everyday life, to the world around us impacting the way we do business. Meet Douglas Blake, Managing Director of Investment Services at Kingswood U.S., at the corner of Wall and Main to learn more about the products, programs, and people that serve the financial services industry, and how to apply them to your practice or investment strategy.
Today, we are pleased to welcome Josh Brown to the podcast. Josh is the CEO of Ritholtz Wealth Management and has spent his career helping people invest and manage portfolios. He is also the author of the book Backstage Wall Street, on the advisory board of Brightscope, and blogs at The Reformed Broker.
In the first of this two-part episode, Douglas & Josh talk about
- What drove him to write his book
- Why he (and others) believe brokers should be held to a higher fiduciary standard
- How the reduction of trading commissions going almost to zero pushed the industry forward
- Lessons Josh hopes were learned from the “Robin Hood Revolution”
- The industry is at a crossroads – which way does Josh think the pendulum will swing
- What makes a great financial advisor