Wall Street and Main Street intersect in so many ways -- from the financial markets impacting everyday life, to the world around us impacting the way we do business. Meet Douglas Blake, Managing Director of Investment Services at Kingswood U.S., at the corner of Wall and Main to learn more about the products, programs, and people that serve the financial services industry, and how to apply them to your practice or investment strategy.
In this episode, Douglas was joined by Marcus New, the CEO at InvestX Capital, a company delivering access, liquidity, and innovation to the private equity asset class through investments in late-stage private equity on a state-of-the-art trading platform, InvestX GEM. Doug and Marcus talked about how InvestX was born and Marcus’ background that led to that point.
They also discussed:
- How last year’s investment into InvestX speaks to the perception of their value
- The landscape in the private equity space right now
- How Marcus sees the markets recovering and when the IPO window will open
- What companies and investments InvestX is looking for to deliver this market to us
- How investors should view pre-IPO investing