As an independent advisor, you shouldn’t fear growth. You should invest in it!
In this episode, Shannon Spotswood interviews the Founder of RVA Wealth Management, David Koren, MBA, ChFC®, CLU® about his advice for advisors considering independence, the importance of taking risks and investing in your business, and the 10-3-1 rule. He also discusses the benefits of crafting your own firm and succession planning, as well as incorporating philanthropy into the client experience.
- His advice for other advisors who are either in a captive environment thinking about independence or are independent but want more control and independence
- Why he decided now is the time to grow even bigger and invest more into marketing
- Why entrepreneurs can’t expect to build a large and thriving practice without taking risks and investing in their business
- What the 10-3-1 rule is and why it has become a lost art
- The perk of being able to craft your own firm and retire when you decide to as an independent advisor
- Where he is on his succession plan journey and how he came to realize that he needs to get serious about it
- How to incorporate giving back to the community as an active part of your client experience
- What he thinks the industry will look like in the next five to ten years
Related: The 5 Freedoms of a Successful Business and a Life That You Love with Stephanie Bogan