Melissa Brandt is the Vice President of Annuity & Funds Management Marketing at Lincoln Financial Group: a firm that has been helping millions of people plan, protect, and retire for over a century.
In this podcast, Melissa and Doug discuss the significant shift of financial assets into the hands of US women. This exposes the need for financial advisors to build trust and assist women in securing their financial futures with solutions pointing to Lincoln Financial Group’s diverse portfolio of protection options.
They also discussed:
- Melissa’s personal experiences and lessons learned from the strong women in her family.
- The evolution of the relationship with financial aspects across generations, including the need for preparedness in the face of longevity.
- The economic strength of women and the opportunities for financial advisors to serve female clients.
- The importance of planning for clients to live longer, possibly up to 100 years, and the implications for income planning.
- Key attributes women value in financial professionals, emphasizing the need for a personal connection and trust-building.
- The three important areas where advisors can assist women and gain their trust.
- The significance of income planning and the rising interest amongst women in guaranteed lifetime income strategies.
- How Lincoln Financial Group offers a diverse portfolio of protection options, including fixed, indexed, and variable annuities with protected lifetime income, to meet the unique needs of clients.
Resources: Lincoln Financial Group
Annuities are long-term investment products that offer tax-deferred growth, access to a lifetime income stream, and death benefit protection. There is no additional tax-deferral benefit for an annuity contract purchased in an IRA or other tax-qualified plan. All investing involves risk.
Lincoln annuities are issued by The Lincoln National Life Insurance Company, Fort Wayne, IN, and in New York are issued by Lincoln Life & Annuity Company of New York, Syracuse, NY, and distributed by Lincoln Financial Distributors, Inc., a broker-dealer. The Lincoln National Life Insurance Company does not solicit business in the state of New York, nor is it authorized to do so.
Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation and its affiliates. Affiliates are separately responsible for their own financial and contractual obligations.