In this episode, Josh Leonard and Pete Belcastro, Financial Planner at Leonard Advisory Group, shine a light on a concerning topic that affects many retirees – identity theft and fraud.
Join them as they unveil practical advice that acts as your shield against these modern-day threats. Discover the power of freezing your credit, regularly monitoring your credit scores, and cultivating robust online security habits. Our experts leave no stone unturned to ensure you’re well-prepared for the challenges that may arise.
But it’s not just about digital defense. Josh and Pete emphasize the significance of maintaining financial discipline when using credit cards, ensuring your retirement nest egg remains secure.
Stay in the know about current fraud trends and outsmart the scammers at their own game.
Pete and Josh discuss:
- Statistics on the prevalence of fraud among older adults
- Protective measures individuals can take, such as monitoring credit scores and freezing credit
- Importance of freezing credit to protect against unauthorized credit checks and potential identity theft
- Practicing good online security habits, such as using strong passwords and utilizing features like face recognition or fingerprint scanning
- Staying informed about current fraud trends, particularly phishing scams through emails
- And more