This may be one of the most important interviews we’ve done since the inception of Top Advisor Podcast.
The very best advisors know that their job is more than managing investments or selling insurance. The very best advisors are increasingly focused on Longevity Planning for the Baby Boomer clients.
These advisors prioritize building strong, meaningful connections with their clients, getting to know their individual life stories, and providing guidance through critical life-changing events.
In this episode, Referral Coach Bill Cates and Steve Gresham delve into the fascinating world of longevity planning and the importance of being prepared for unexpected events. As advisors, it’s crucial for us to anticipate these events and help our clients navigate through them with expertise and care.
You’ll hear real-life examples of advisors who have let their clients down in this area as well as examples of advisors who showed up big time for their clients.
But it doesn’t stop there. Bill and Steve explore the growing demographic wave of older individuals and the unique challenges they face. Longevity planning is not something to be taken lightly.
Steve Gresham & Bill Cates discuss:
- The concept of “family conversation” and why it is important for advisors to have the courage to engage with their clients.
- The 7 moments that matter in a client’s life AND the 7 phone calls every advisor should be prepared to receive.
- Why clients may hesitate to share personal health information with their advisors due to concerns about empathy and a safe space.
- The life events that may be a surprise to clients – but not to their advisors – who should be prepared and experienced in dealing with them.
- How financial advisors can ensure that they are addressing the concerns and needs of aging clients, even if the clients may feel hesitant to share personal health information.
- What longevity planning is, and key issues to consider when creating a longevity plan for clients.
- Stories of success and failure in longevity planning.
- … And so much more!
As always, this episode is packed with valuable information and practical strategies for financial advisors to better serve their clients. So, get ready to learn the secrets to success in the world of longevity planning as we dive into an engaging conversation with Steve Gresham.