Get a dose of inspiration to keep you focused as we head into the last quarter of the year. Watch the amazing story of the 1976 Olympic US women’s 4×100 relay team (password: lastgold2016) to get fired up, and then,
- Decide what you want to achieve in the last quarter of this year.
- Write down the details of what you will do.
- Believe you can do this, and resolve not to let anything get in the way of you achieving your objective!
- Check out my interview with Wendy Boglioli where she tells part of her inspirational story on the first full episode of my brand new Distraction-Proof Advisor Podcast, available wherever you get your podcasts.
Related: Make It About Value, Not Price
Summer is now officially over, and it’s head down until the holidays. This week I have some inspiration to help you keep focused.
Even having won an Olympic medal, I still need a shot in the arm when it comes to inspiration. . .
Two weeks ago I received just that when I had the chance to interview Wendy Boglioli, a member of the US women’s 4 x 100 freestyle relay team in the Montreal 1976 Olympics, and I heard part of her story about how they took on the East German women’s swim team.
That East German women’s swim team was heavily doped, and the American swim team knew it. But you’ve got to hear Wendy’s account of just how those four US women focused the night before they took on that team the next day and came through with a phenomenal performance! I’m not going to ruin it for you by giving you all of the details. You can actually click on the link and watch it for yourself (password: lastgold2016). The video is called The Last Gold (password: lastgold2016). It is 90 minutes of pure inspiration.
It is an against-all-odds story, and if you saw these two teams on paper, there is no way you would not give every dollar you had and place it on the East German women’s team. You can hear more about this on the first episode of the [brand new] Distraction-Proof Advisor Podcast. Wendy was my first interview, and you can hear this wherever you get your podcast episodes. It is a fantastic story about resolve, about taking on the odds, and about refusing to let facts get in the way of success.
So, for you, as a financial advisor, take a look at this movie (password: lastgold2016)—get stirred by it, get motivated by it, and then,
- Decide what you want to achieve by year-end. We are now approaching the end of Q3—the third quarter. What do you want to achieve by year-end 2021?
- Write that down. You’ll hear Wendy talk about how they reviewed everything on paper and stayed positive about what they wanted to achieve.
- Don’t let anything or anyone get in the way. They had their plan written down. They knew exactly what they wanted to achieve, and most of all, they believed in themselves and backed themselves. And you, as an advisor, need to do that too.
- (A bonus fourth point this week!) Listen to my new Distraction-Proof Advisor Podcast. My interview with Wendy is the first episode. You can listen to it wherever you download and listen to podcast episodes, and please subscribe or take a listen every couple of weeks to hear new content on the Distraction-Proof Advisor Podcast.
I look forward to bringing you another Distraction-Proof Advisor Idea next week.