Is the 60/40 portfolio dead? What is it? Why does it matter?
Advisors helping clients choose where to allocate their retirement savings increasingly rely on indexed products. Not all products perform the same in different market cycles. Where are markets headed, and how can advisors manage client expectations?
With hundreds of indices in the market today, how can investors evaluate and compare indices?
How does something like a Fixed Indexed Annuity (FIA) fit into the client’s retirement portfolio?
These are important questions in the minds of investors today!
Jack Martin and guests Laurence Black and Dr. Jay Watson from The Index Standard® answer these questions. They shed light on the necessity of diversifying beyond well-known indices, such as the S&P 500, and explore ways to optimize risk-reward outcomes within a portfolio.
Laurence and Jay discuss:
- Why investors are questioning the effectiveness of the traditional portfolio mix
- The dangers of chasing performance (the fear-greed curve)
- Forecasts based on the “wisdom of Wall Street”
- How fixed index annuities (FIAs) and registered index-linked annuities (RILAs) may be strategically used to improve portfolio performance
- The Index Standard®’s methodology for rating indices and getting a “bang for your buck”
- And more!