Thomas McDonald is the Director of Investment Product Development and Portfolio Management for CrowdStreet and serves as a member of the Investment Committee for CrowdStreet Advisors. CrowdStreet Advisors is a wholly-owned subsidiary of CrowdStreet, Inc. that provides advisors and their clients with access to curated private commercial real estate opportunities selected from CrowdStreet’s proprietary deal flow, sourced from a deep network of 300+ real estate sponsors, developers, and operators.
In this podcast, Doug and Thomas discuss the investment opportunities within private commercial real estate and how CrowdStreet Advisors is changing the accessibility of this asset class.
They also discussed:
- The investment industry and its current market
- How financial advisors should be approaching this high inflation and high interest rate environment
- Why investors and their advisors should be considering private commercial real estate today and in the years to come as a long term investment
- Where the opportunities are in commercial real estate today and how the CrowdStreet Advisors team is capturing them
- The distinctions within the asset class of private commercial real estate and the investment strategies of core and core plus
- How CrowdStreet Advisors is changing the accessibility of private commercial real estate investments
1 As reported by Dr. Adam Gower in Best Real Estate Syndication Platforms | Gower Crowd - UNLEASHED, published 2022, based on dollars raised by individual investors.
CrowdStreet, Inc. (“CrowdStreet”) maintains a commercial real estate investor technology platform (the “CrowdStreet Marketplace”) through which investment opportunities are offered. Advisory services are offered. CrowdStreet Advisors is a wholly-owned subsidiary of CrowdStreet that provides advisors and their clients with access to curated private commercial real estate opportunities selected from CrowdStreet’s proprietary deal flow, sourced from a deep network of 300+ real estate sponsors, developers, and operators. Investment opportunities on the CrowdStreet Marketplace are speculative and involve substantial risk. Investors should not invest unless they can sustain the risk of loss of capital, including the risk of total loss of capital. This video should not be construed as an investment recommendation or advice, or as an offer to sell, or the solicitation of an offer to buy an investment. Investors should consult with a financial advisor, attorney, accountant, and any other professional that can help in understanding and assessing the risks associated with any investment opportunity.