“Outspoken” “Controversial” “Disruptive”
These are some of the words that have been used to describe Sara Grillo.
Sara’s on a mission to help advisors rise above the platitudes and sameness they use to describe the valuable work they bring to their clients.
In this lively interview, Bill and Sara discuss 2 important (but often overlooked) marketing strategies for financial advisors – the concepts of transparency and brevity – and how to use those concepts in communicating your value.
Some of the highlights of this interview…
- Sara’s challenge to advisors to define the term financial advisor in one sentence without using the words goals, financial, or plan – and why this is important.
- How advisors can distinguish themselves from others through transparency.
- Why financial advisors should master brevity and examples on using her 2-Sentence LinkedIn Message Formula and her 2-Sentence Elevator Pitch Formula for better concise and highly effective communication.
- Excerpts from Sara’s 17-Point Self-Assessment advisors can use to measure their ability to communicate with authenticity and brevity.
- A powerful perspective on why and how financial advisors can use their knowledge and skills to unify people around shared values and family-oriented practices.
- Plus other key marketing strategies for financial advisors.
Related: 8 Ways To Turn Clients Into Advocates for Your Business