Breakaway Leadership dispels the MYTHS out there that a leader must:
- Have charisma.
- Have vision to ‘see in the future’.
- Command and direct people.
- Act with precision.
- Delegate, NOT micromanage.
- Be ‘BIG PICTURE’ minded and not get bogged down in detail.
“Leadership charisma is ‘communications on steroids’ and a classic case of style over substance.”
Breakaway Leaders, on the other hand, practices Audacious Unheard-of Ways focused on:
“Gem #1 that will make you a dauntless leader — STOP! doing stuff.” #Audacious
- CONTRARIAN not ‘going with the flow’.
- PRACTICAL MOVES not theoretical textbook prescriptions..
- EXECUTING and learning, not planning.
- REACTING not predicting.
- CUSTOMERS not products.
- SERVING not selling.
- INDIVIDUALS not crowds.
“Gem #2 that will make you a dauntless leader — STOP! following so many textbooks on leadership.” #Audacious
- “How can I HELP?” leading not “Do this!” managing.
- CREATING not copying.
- Helping FRONTLINERS not following the boss.
- MICROMANAGING—DIY—not excessive delegation.
Food for thought and, for those leaders who want to step up their game, the necessary ingredients for an amazing and successful career.