Your equity compensation can have an outsized impact on your overall portfolio, so it is key to set your strategy ahead of time and find tools that will help you stick to your plan to diversify.
In this episode, Malcolm Ethridge sits down with Bill Dillhoefer, CEO of Net Worth Strategies Inc, as they discuss the importance of diversification when managing employer stock and options. Bill introduces his platform, StockOpter.com, and how it helps financial planning professionals make decisions on behalf of clients who are paid in equity.
Bill Dillhoefer discusses:
- The information gap between employers and their employees who are paid in equity, and why it exists
- The importance of reviewing and understanding the grant document
- Forfeiture value and why you need to understand it
- How concentration risk impacts your employer stocks and options
- How to set a strategy to diversify a concentrated equity position
- And more