The labyrinth of estate planning involves navigating goals, assets, taxes, investments, and the future. Flexibility is key.
In this episode, Kevin Kaylakie is joined by Doug Paul of McGinnis Lochridge law firm. Doug shares several tax planning tools you can apply to your estate plan. He also explains why he believes this is the golden period of estate planning and how potential changes from Congress will impact the future of estate planning.
- ”02:52” The most common questions he hears about estate planning
- ”06:47” Simple tax planning tools and techniques such as donor advised funds and qualified charitable distributions (QCD)
- ”14:15” More complex tax planning tools like Roth IRA conversions
- ”20:35” What it means when people are getting assets out of their estate
- Charitable Lead Trusts
- Family Limited Partnerships or LLCs
- And more