Estate planning can be complicated and may involve some uncomfortable conversations with family members and loved ones, albeit necessary. You want to be sure that your estate is going to the right people in the right order.
In this episode, Barry Watts uncovers the mystery of estate planning. Barry looks at multiple legal mechanisms used to transfer assets that can help you avoid having your assets distributed by the state or a judge. He also provides clarity on choosing how your assets are divided and to whom.
- What happens to your assets when you die if you don’t have a plan
- Who should inherit your assets
- Legal mechanisms for transferring assets, and why you likely want to avoid probate
- Passing assets by contract, and understanding trusts
- How you can get your estate plan in order
- And more