When it comes to charitable giving, there’s more to it than simply writing a check to a few non-profit organizations near the end of the year and claiming a tax deduction.
In this episode, Malcolm Ethridge is joined by Mary Jovanovich, senior relationship manager with Schwab Charitable, as they dive into the world of Donor Advised Funds. Malcolm and Mary introduce the concept of donor advised funds and delve into some of the more nerdy details of how and why you might want to incorporate one into your charitable giving strategy.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Mary’s passion for philanthropy and the causes she supports
- What Donor Advised Funds are and what they do
- The differences between a Donor Advised Fund and a Family Foundation
- The strategy of Stacking or Bundling your gifts to charity
- The tax advantages of gifting publicly traded stock instead of cash
- And more!
Tune in to discover the benefits of using a Donor Advised Fund and how it can help you better track your charitable giving.