Not all spending is bad. Some emotional spending is good, but when it starts to negatively affect our finances or results in regrettable purchases, it’s time to take a step back and try to fix our spending habits.
In this episode, Financial Dignity® Coach, Christine Luken, talks about emotional spending. More importantly, she explains that we can’t stop all emotional spending, but there are ways to help put a stop to the bad habits related to it. Christine talks about what emotional spending really means, the difference between healthy and unhealthy emotional spending, and things we can do to help with emotional spending if it becomes problematic.
- What “emotional spending” really means
- The difference between healthy and unhealthy emotional spending
- Why emotional spending is a habit, not a character trait
- Identifying the root emotion that causes you to spend unwisely and how to redirect yourself from unhealthy spending
- Why spending is not inherently bad
- And more
Related: Is My Spouse Hiding Money From Me?