Advisors often hesitate to niche out because they’re worried about whittling down their number of prospects. Or worse, picking a niche that doesn’t work out.
Maybe you know that niching is a game changer. But you’re worried, too. How do you get to a place where you can confidently know “these are my people” and attract the right prospects?
In this episode, Matt Halloran talks to Jen Dawson, CFP®, managing director and senior wealth advisor of Hemington Wealth Management. Jen shares why she dared to build a hyper-focused niche practice, serving women lawyers. The benefits of niching down, what she’d do differently, how to create marketing messages that resonate — she covers it all.
- Why having a niche makes business development and prospecting easier
- How she got to a place within the first year of niching where she knew “These are my people”
- What didn’t work (and how to avoid the same mistakes when niching)
- What it’s honestly like to serve lawyers (and why they’re the right fit for her)
- The two biggest ways she’s been getting referrals lately
- And more