No matter your business’ size or stage, this process is key to successfully achieving what you want this year.
- Get started this week. Get some quiet time to think about what you want life to look like this time next year.
- Write your ideas down. Don’t worry about the order of priority—just write down what you want to do.
- Get excited about achieving these objectives and how you’ll feel about your success not only in business but also in personal relationships, health, and spiritual well-being.
And be sure to look out for next week’s post for guidance and tools to help you take the next step in this process.
Related: Halt the Hectic This Holiday
An individual advisor who wanted to bring on six new A clients, a partnership who wanted to start charging for financial planning, and a larger ensemble who wanted to create an operations manual: what did they all have in common?
Initially, they didn’t know where to begin. They needed to crystallize that very first step. Now, we listed great ideas for all three of these particular cases, but we had to land on that very first step to take. . .
And that’s what I’m encouraging you to do in this series of four videos to begin 2023 and get this year off to a great start for you. It’s always a thrill hearing from advisors who I’ve worked with over the years come back around this time of year, mentioning how successful they’d been the previous year and knowing how to begin this year, knowing the planning steps that they wanted to take. They’ve ingrained these habits. They know how foundationally important taking these steps is to their business. That’s why this is a foundational aspect of any successful advisor’s business and, frankly, their lives.
And that’s why you’ve heard this content before and why I’m not changing. You want to begin 2023 off taking care of these most important steps. And not just for your business life—for relationships (for marriages, for relationships with significant others, for children), for fitness objectives, for spiritual objectives that you have. You want to think about where it is you want to get to by year end and then set down a plan that begins this month.
And so, to do this most effectively,
- Start this week. Start this week and get some quiet time just thinking about where it is you want to be by year end.
- Write these things down. Don’t try and put them in perfect order. Don’t try and integrate them perfectly to begin with. Just make notes all over a page. You’re going to start synthesizing these and integrating these things in effectively over the next several weeks.
- Get excited. Think about what achieving these particular objectives will have you doing throughout the year, and then how you’ll be feeling by year end, whether it’s relational, business, fitness (whatever it might be for your health). Get excited about the transformation that you are now overseeing for the next twelve months.
Over the next three weeks, I’m going to provide some resources for you to do this most effectively. But for now, get some quiet space, get some paper and a pen, and just start recording and getting excited about what you’re going to build out for 2023.
I look forward to bringing you another Distraction-Proof Advisor Idea next week.