Hello everyone, and welcome to The Magellan Network Show. When it comes to goal-setting, most advisors validate it by reverse engineering. First, they set the amount they want to increase their business by, then work backward to determine the number of households they need to achieve that growth.
Why? Because advisors find comfort in certainty. They want to work with numbers that they know they can pull off. The problem is most advisors don't think big enough.
In this episode, we'll discuss how certainty can make you an excellent financial advisor yet crushes you from an entrepreneurial standpoint.
I also talked about the following:
- (07:04) The two numbers you need to set for each goal
- (08:39) Why you need to stop thinking small
- (12:42) The question you need to ask yourself when you are setting your goals and vision
- (14:32) Why you need to set big goals and look at them every day
- (20:20) Why you should allow your brain to work and solve bigger problems
Related: How To Grow Revenue as an Advisor