Kim Griego-Kiel was recently a part of the US Forum for Sustainable Investment’s (US SIF) Hill Day in Washington, D.C.
This event was all about educating policymakers about sustainable investing and representing the critical need for sustainable investment advisors and industry professionals to engage with our legislators and voice what truly matters.
This week, Rachel Curley, the director of policy and programs at US SIF, joins Kim to share her valuable insights and experiences from this significant gathering. Kim and Rachel reveal the takeaways from the meetings they attended while emphasizing the value of ongoing dialogue when it comes to policy decisions designed to shape the future of ESG and sustainable investing.
- The purpose of Hill Day and its significance in shaping ESG and sustainable investment policies
- The role of the Congressional Sustainable Investment Caucus in providing vital support for sustainable investing initiatives
- The importance of educating policymakers about sustainable investing
- Why it’s important to dispel misconceptions surrounding anti-ESG campaigns
- The ongoing efforts to promote climate risk disclosures
- The value of participating in US SIF efforts
- And more!