Remember the investment atmosphere of the late ‘90s? The dotcom boom? It was precursored by people buying a lot of PCs (that came with modems), online access became affordable, browser software became accessible, the World Wide Web became real.
Similar perfect storm trends are alive in the #blockchain space; #NFTs, the #Metaverse, #stablecoins, #DeFi, #DAOs.
Here is a list of the VC investments in blockchain in the last two weeks:*
- Immutable, focused on trading NFTs raised $60M
- Jump Capital, Chicago VCs raised a $350M crypto fund
- RECUR, an NFT platform, raised $50M
- DeFiLand, a farm-themed game, raised $4.1M
- Cere Network, a decentralized cloud platform, raised $3M
- ZEBEDEE, a bitcoin payment startup, raised $11.5M
- UXD Protocol, a stablecoin provider, raised $3M
- Oddup, a crypto data provider, raised $12.8M
- SIMBA Chain, a blockchain technology company, raised $25M
- AnChain.AI, a blockchain security company, raised $10M
This data comes from Hannah Miller's great Crypto Global newsletter at The Information.
Related: Innovation is a Decision