With the restrictions COVID-19 has placed upon most businesses and organizations, many teams have switched to virtual presentations and weekly Zoom meetings. Although we may be in the comfort of our own environment during this pandemic, many wonder how to be more successful during these virtual meetings.
In today's video, Samantha Russell, Chief Evangelist for Twenty Over Ten and FMG Suite, goes over twelve tips for financial advisors to give the best virtual presentations.
We all want to give presentations that make us memorable. And after giving hundreds of presentations over the last few years, I have learned some really great strategies to keep your audience engaged and to remember you and want to do business with you after the fact. So today I'm sharing with you 12 of my best tips for giving presentations whether it's a webinar or an in person engagement.
I'm Samantha Russell, the chief evangelist for FMG suite and Twenty Over Ten and today I'm going to share with you these 12 tips. So Let's dive right in.
12 Key Takeaways:
- Start with a story
- Focus on teaching, not selling
- Don't wait until the end to answer questions
- The slides are not a script
- Never read from your slides
- Share something unique and memorable
- Include 1-3 key takeaways
- Provide one thing attendees can do immediately
- Use the power of repetition
- Practice your tone and cadence
- Practice makes perfect
- Add an element of surprise
I hope you found these 12 tips super helpful and the next time that you're doing a presentation go through all 12 check them off and make sure that you've got them all covered and your presentation will be so much better for that.