Consistently creating high-quality content can be difficult when there are time constraints and limited marketing dollars. However, there are ways to produce relevant and thought-provoking blog content that gains the attention it deserves. Here are 7 ways to boost your content to help ensure it is interesting to readers while improving your SEO:
#1: Brainstorm with your team- Brainstorming is the first step in developing high-quality content. Create a shared document for listing your ideas and tracking progress. It may help to see everything visually as you plan, delegate tasks, and more. You may want to include document categories such as:
- Business unit/segment
- Assigned subject matter expert
- Targeted SEO keywords
- Project status
#2: Create a content calendar – Once you have your ideas written down and projects started, plan when each piece of content should be published. Try using a calendar tool like TeamUp to plan your month and see potential content gaps.
#3: Work with a copywriter or content marketing agency – A copywriter and content marketing agency are accustomed to working with internal SMEs. The more work you outsource to a content marketing agency or copywriter, the more familiar they will become with your company and services. Ideally, a relationship with an industry-specific agency or contract copywriter can be beneficial for years to come.
#4: Be consistent- Whether you’re choosing to produce blog posts, a newsletter, a podcast, or infographics, remaining consistent is the most important thing to keep in mind. Creating regular content helps your company or firm stand out from the competition and positions you as a thought leader in the industry. Here are a few more reasons why you should stay consistent with your copywriting:
- Helps build trust
- Keeps your company or firm top of mind
- Increases web traffic
- Strengthens SEO ranking
#5: Utilize guest blogs– Don’t have time to fill your content calendar? Try out guest blogging. Guest blogging is a content marketing tactic that involves writing blogs for other websites and vice versa. With this tactic, you’re posting articles written by outside companies or authors on your website. Guest blogging has three key benefits:
- SEO: Posting guest blogs on your website and publishing your content on other sites is a great way to grow your link-building strategy. By creating high-quality backlinks to your website, you can improve your overall SEO performance. When search engines see your website mentioned on other websites, it signals that your content is high quality and worth reading.
- More eyes on your content: Besides the SEO benefits of other sites posting your articles, guest blogging is a great way to spread the word about your product or service. Each website has its unique audience, and you never know how your next customer may find you. Be a guest contributor of high-quality content if a guest blogging opportunity arises.
- Boosts credibility: When people see your company or firm’s name across different websites, they view you as a credible and active industry member. And, seeing your content may make them more likely to become a customer.
#6: Review your blogs for cohesiveness and branding- Another way to boost your content is to focus on infusing your brand through content. Your company’s content should have a cohesive look and feel. When people see your blogs, social posts, emails, etc., you want them to think of your company immediately. Make sure your blog posts are:
- Written in a similar tone
- Organized in a familiar format
- Feature similar (not clashing) photos or imagery
- Attributed to an internal employee as the author to create a sense of familiarity
#7: Promote your content through email and social media- Once your blog or other content publishes on your website, it’s time to boost your content to ensure that most people can see your creative work. Consider promoting your blog articles through email marketing and your social media pages. Feature a short blurb from the blog post, the corresponding image, and a link to the article on your website. Promoting the blog by linking it back to your website helps increase website traffic and SEO.
Boosting content takes time- Boosting your content marketing efforts takes time, but consistently creating high-quality content will speed the process up. Commit to a content calendar that is consistent but also manageable, and you will start to see the results you are seeking.
Are you having trouble creating consistent, high-quality financial industry content? Do you need help giving your content a boost? Let us help. Reach out to us, and don’t forget to keep an eye on our blog for more tips to jump-start your content marketing strategy.